Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Internet Marketing - Advice From a Newbie

Internet Marketing - Advice From a Newbie
By Karla Rabien

As a Newbie who has attempted to "become rich through Internet Marketing", I have read countless articles of people extolling their "Success" at earning an income on the Internet. The stories have a common thread - "My formula works and now I'm ready to share my SECRET with you".

Internet Marketing sounded like it would be the solution to alleviate my financial stress. Since I was desperate to earn money and had minimal resources to invest in the venture, I spent hours and hours and hours and hours... scouring the Internet for a system that might be feasible. Being leery of scams, I read all the articles, wearing "critical" glasses on my nose and my mind alert to the old saying "Good thing no cheap, Cheap thing no good".

Some of the sites sounded promising and I was "lured" into investing my few remaining dollars into their system. Those that turned out to be Multi-Level Marketing schemes admitted, once I personally contacted them, that you really do not earn substantial dollars from the product sales, but only by signing up new members. Others who had blazing headlines like "Earn $10,000+ in the first Month - no experience required" never really told you how to actually get started or how/what/why you should perform certain steps. The list goes on and on and on!

Needless to say, I have learned a hard-earned lesson. Like winning the Lottery, with Internet Marketing, some people can get rich quickly but the majority of us keep buying Lottery tickets, hoping for "Lucky Lady" to finally step forward!
Taking a different approach, I realized that to do anything with Internet Marketing, there was knowledge and skills I needed in order to do anything financially rewarding.

Mistake #1: First, I thought I knew what people wanted - WRONG!!! It is only by learning on how to research the Internet to see what the "wants" and "needs" are that you can determine the product that will be effective. Let the Internet drive the product selection, not you and your personal knowledge.
Mistake #2: Second, I thought by putting my page on the Web, people would gravitate there because of the words in the context - WRONG!!!! There is a multitude of methods for getting the "traffic" to your site. A site by itself in this vast ocean of the Internet is like a piece of plankton; unseen until a consumer haphazardly "swims" into its sphere of existence. Even attempting to sell my old homestead of 160 acres in the Rocky Mountains had no buyers, not even tentative inquiries.



Mistake #3: Third, I thought I would try the E-Bay route and sell from manufacturers/distributors using the drop-ship method - WRONG!!! I had not learned how to do any "Marketing" on the Internet. Marketing skills have to be acquired. This also applies to any Affiliate program. Without Marketing skills, you're dead in the water.

To summarize, there is typically no "get rich quick" method. What is required is learning the skill set on how Internet Marketing really works and how to harness its potential. There is no doubt that there are millions of people constantly searching the Internet. The requirement is for you to get them to your site and entice them to convert that search into actually purchasing.

In my opinion, you need real skills to get anywhere and this site would be my choice
for internet marketing, because it teaches the how/what/why and gives you lasting skills. I was getting nowhere fast until I ran into Mike's site. Find out more about it here http://internet-marketing-for-beginners.info.
At this site, you'll also learn about some deadly scam products to stay away from.



For what it's worth - The Knowledgable Newbie




Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Karla_Rabien
http://EzineArticles.com/?Internet-Marketing---Advice-From-a-Newbie&id=1256192

No comments: