Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

Internet Marketing Tips - Are You Working Too Hard?




Internet Marketing Tips - Are You Working Too Hard?
By Steven Wagenheim

This is not so much about the hours that you put in each day but more about business model. You can put in the same number of hours into one business model as another and make twice as much money. But how is that? Is it because the market is bigger? Or is it because of something else? Well, this article is going to explain why you can put in the same effort into two different business models and make twice as much money from one of them.

Even though there are really many types of business models, essentially the two main models come down to either selling a product or selling an ongoing service. To better illustrate this, let me give you an example of each.

Let's take the product first. I have a business model where I sell ebooks. Now, once I sell an ebook to a prospect, that's it. I can't sell him that ebook again. Once he has it, he has it. So the only way I am going to earn more money from this person is if I have other ebooks to sell him. If not, in order to get more income, I have to get more prospects. This is a simplified model, but I think it illustrates my point.

Now, let's take the ongoing service model. Let's take a company like Aweber. Aweber is a company that provides an autoresponder service. I happen to use the service myself. As a matter of fact, I signed up with Aweber about a year or so ago. Now, every month that I use their service, I have to pay a fee. So look at this model. They make one sale to me and they collect an income from me for months, maybe years.

Do you see where the second model is actually less work? Once you've sold your service on the person, if they find after using it that they can't live without it, they're very likely to continue using it for a very long time. So you're doing the same amount of work but for every sale you make, you're making what is called a residual income.

It's certainly something to consider when trying to decide exactly what it is you want to do with your Internet marketing career.


To YOUR Success,

Steven Wagenheim



Tired of busting your behind for peanuts online? Go to my web site and find out how I earn a monthly income that exceeds 5 figures and how I can help YOU do the same. Get your free report at http://www.mysecretarticles.com/report.html


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Steven_Wagenheim
http://EzineArticles.com/?Internet-Marketing-Tips---Are-You-Working-Too-Hard?&id=1378499

No comments: